Sunday 22 March 2015

Adeboye

How I Almost Became A Super Falcons Player – Halima Abubakar



The curvy actress disclosed that she was also passionate about becoming a lawyer, but felt she stood a better chance of becoming a top football star after having played for Jegede Babes in Lagos. Her dream was however truncated after she was not drafted to the Super Falcons team.
Speaking in an interview with Punch, the Slip of Fate actress said: ‘Actually, I thought I was going to become a lawyer because I love arguing. I also developed the passion for football, and thought I would become a footballer at a point in my life.

‘I played with Jegede Babes and I was meant to be drafted to the Super Falcons but I did not make the list and my career was cut short; I was not a very good runner.’

The actress also added that she did regret giving up on football, stating that: ‘Looking back, I actually regret not pushing my football career.’

Halima Abubakar made her movie debut in 2001 when she played a minor role in Rejected.

She won the Afro Hollywood Best Actress award in 2011.

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :