Thursday 10 September 2015

Adeboye

I was a graphic designer for Olamide – Adekunle Gold reveals


Rising musician, Adekunle Gold in an interview with City People has revealed how he discovered by Olamide and life before becoming a YBNL signée.

below Excerpts:
How did you get the name Adekunle Gold?

I have the name in 2008 after an encounter with God, because I’ve always wanted to be something else aside Adekunle Kosoko. I was in school then and I God that I wanted a name, I know the importance of brand development and branding, I want to be known for something else. In a sermon, the preacher says you can not substitute for Brass Gold was, he said it three times and I have just the idea. I started Adekunle Gold, Kosoko can rest now, it’s how I got the name. I am a singer, songwriter, brand developer and I always do my graphics, is just an ordinary man

How did the music before you start?

Music beginning of the way back, I grew up listening to obey many of the songs. When my father we take then he has to go to school used to classic games like obedient lawyer and keep it. I developed an interest in a highly cultural and Yoruba songs, maybe that’s why I heavily Yoruba sounds. I was in the choir teen in the church and I was always fighting to enter the microphone to get the church. How a solo in the church means that you very well back then, but if you do not get it, you’re not anything relevant. Every Sunday I tried so hard to get the microphone and the choir mistress impressed, I was in the church for seven years or more, and I’ve never had the microphone, which means I was not good. I got to do my thing, I was in a band called The Bridge, and we see the GT Guitarman in 2011 and in 2011 Skales well. We have a large part of the deck; We have all of mine that was what we were most attractive. I remember when John Legend tweeted that we must cover our tweet to him and he will be favorite and a favorite Retweet this, we have our favorites, and he, he has given us real hope. We have a front page of Ada-Ada by Flavor; we have done a very deck just to get attention. In 2013, I get tired of doing the tire that will not be heard, and I have always been the most popular in the band, the other is sort of laid back down, I was always a noisy everywhere even on social media. The band was not working the way we wanted it, you know the situation of the country, it is never easy for a solo artist, let alone a band. We’ve talked about it and we decided to focus on me, we decided to push and encourage me, but it was somehow, but it was the best decision we ever made. In June 2014, I brought a song called Make it stop, I’m dedicated to the Chibok Girls, and it is a peaceful nation. Fortunately Dotun of Cool FM listening has told me and they played my song back to back, called out to Big Dotun. I remember when he told me “let anyone tell you that you are not things because you go something big for you” and that got me going. I fall “Sade” change in December 2014 and the story

How did you meet and how did you Olamide signed YBNL?

I’m working on designs for Olamide, I designed the logo YBNL. I’ve done a few of the designs for Kesh and Viktor when she was newly signed YBNL. It has always been a graphical relationship, nothing smooth musical, I never saw that coming, it was not something I expected, because Olamide is so high and is just an old struggling to break into the industry. When I drop the song “Sade”, I was called by a producer Olaitan, our work together then we just drop the song hope for something to happen. Apparently Olamide and YBNL crew loves the song, the song is so much buzz even then. Olamide called me two days before Olamide Live in Concert to come to him; I was star affected by Olamide, Kesh, Viktor and many others. A few days after the concert, he told me he really likes my sound and he will not want me to change because he thinks the future and he will be happy for me to be on the label. In my mind I was like “Wait, which, Olamide, eventually someone believes in me has someone believes in me”, I accepted immediately before he changed his mind. It was how I signed did, and because I have signed in January I’ve never had a day to shame that I have to YBNL

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :