Monday 14 September 2015

Adeboye

Iheanacho didn't disappoint my trust in him, Pellegrini reveals


Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has said he trusts Nigeria starlet Kelechi Iheanacho and that was why he did not buy another striker after Edin Dzeko was sold. Iheanacho justified part of the Chilean’s confidence on Saturday when he scored the match winner for City at Crystal Palace.

“He is one of the reasons I didn’t bring another striker in when we sold Edin Dzeko. He deserves that chance,” Pellegrini revealed. “He is a very important player for us. He is just 18 and started working with our squad last season, but he was unlucky and had a big injury in the last three months of the season.
The City manager said it was crucial Iheanacho took his chance when he came on. “I told him to go and score a goal. I was going to make the substitution before because Bony had only worked the last few days with the team, but he told me he was okay. That’s why I kept him on, but Kelechi deserved more minutes. It was important he took that chance,” he said.

On his part, Iheanacho expressed gratitude to Pellegrini for giving him a chance on Saturday. “It (the goal) means so much to me,” said the 18-yearold forward. “I am happy and very grateful, and I thank the manager for introducing me. “I will try to do my best always in training and in games, if I am introduced. I am hoping to do great for the team. It’s not easy. We have great players here, but I have to keep working hard,” added Iheanacho.

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :