Monday 14 September 2015

Adeboye

Ikpeba warns fans against fraudsters impersonation on twitter


Former Nigeria international, Victor Ikpeba, has said some fraudsters are currently impersonating him on twitter and has warned his fans not to fall victim of the fraudsters’ antics.
According to the former Monaco star, the twitter handle @mrvictorikpeba does not belong to him and he has not been on twitter for a long time.
“My attention was drawn to the happenings on twitter when few of my friends asked me why I changed my twitter handle,” Ikpeba said.
“I was really surprised when I saw the activities on the said twitter handle when I have been away from twitter for a while.
“I want people to know that my original twitter account is @V_Ikpeba and please disregard any other account bearing my name.”
The 1997 African Footballer of the Year said anyone relating with the scammer using his name is doing so at his or her own risk and he should not be held responsible.
Ikpeba said he last twitted in January after the death of former goalkeeper, Wilfred Agbonavbare.
It would be recalled that the twitter handle of the player, popularly known as ‘Prince of Monaco’ during his playing days. was impersonated in the past during the general elections earlier in the year.

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :