Thursday 10 September 2015

Adeboye

Odunlade Adekola is not my competitor – Femi Adebayo


Femi Adebayo, son of the legendary actor, Adebayo Salami commonly known as Oga Bello has of living in the shadow of his father, to carve a niche for himself in the film industry, especially the Yoruba cult. Many see him as a sex symbol and one of the leading hunks of Yoruba movies, but Femi which will tell you he is just an actor who strives for his roles as best as he could interpret.

The value for “Jelili & amp; amp; rsquo; star in an exclusive interview with NET talk about his father & amp; amp; rsquo; s influence on his career, his marriage accident, his supposed rivalry with Odunlade Adekola among other issues.


What is the new thing Femi is working on at this time?

Currently, I do no other thing than to produce a film. The film was in post-production phase and the value for Gbewiri titled (Three armed robbers). The film is an action packed film and I have no doubt that is going to be a hit. It is going to have serious impact on the Nigerian community

What inspired the film?

I was unfortunate to be a victim of an armed robbery attack, sometime in November 2011. Since then I have is looking for a way to the hearts of people who think the best way to touch a life is to be involved in such practices. So, I thought about passing the message because I was once a victim of armed robbery attack. I feel very bad that they have my belongings and I know that & amp; amp; rsquo; s the way many Nigerians who feel had the same experience. This was the inspiration for the film

What is the secret behind your continued relevance despite many years in the industry?

The secret is not farfetched. It is only the Almighty God and hard work. I only do what I love to do and in my best to satisfy my fans. And I feel like the Almighty says yes, we will continue to be relevant, no one can stop us

Do you dumped your law practice for acting?

I did not dump law acts. I still practice law. It just what I saw the need to do so well in the entertainment, acting, to be exact, and that’s why I focus more on acting and at any point in time that I can go back to law. I have not showered Law for acting. The call to act, the divine and I only had to call the bill

It is believed that there is a rivalry between you and Odunlade Adekola. What do you have to say about what?


Odunlade Adekola is one of my very good friends .We do not see ourselves as opponents. Outside our profession, we see, we talk, we relate, we rub mind; . we even have ideas about how to live our private lives & amp; amp; part nbsp; It automatically ignores the word rivalry talk. We are not competitors, we are friends, and we are colleagues. . We do our things and our fans appreciate our

What would you say distinguishes you from him?


Odunlade is a very tall man and I’m not tall, I guess is one of the many obvious differences between us. But we have a lot in common. Odunlade is a very great actor; I am a very great actor as well. We interpret our roles the way we feel it should be interpreted. We share the same birth date. We’re in the same sector. He is kind, friendly; He is down to earth and equally flat on the earth

Did you accomplish everything you set out to achieve with your career?

I think I have to accomplish this; I’m not there yet. I’m still moving. . I have achieved a lot, but I think I can do more

What are the things yet you are to reach?

It is more personal to me. I know there is still more for me to accomplish

Many believe that your father & amp; amp; rsquo; s success in the film industry is the reason why you have. gotten this far

.

Well, there’s no doubt about it. I payables my success to him. I guarantee offer from the fact that my dad's name helped me. I give God the glory and I want to thank my father about it. I have received several awards, locally and internationally, and I have always dedicated the award to my father, because his success has made me into the profession that I am today. If you want to say I drove Dad success, you’re absolutely right. And if you think that people appreciate me, because I’m Adebayo Salami's son, you’re both perfectly good

What was the experience like you while growing up?

Growing up was great fun . I was a very naughty boy when I was young, very stubborn, but believe me really friendly too. I grew up in the ghetto in Ebute Metta to be exact. My father was very strict. I am very happy that I’ve been in a ghetto, because I could have been a balance between the people on strike supporters and people at the top and this makes life more sense to me.

You seen battling for some politicians in the last election; do you have a plan to go into politics as many of your peers

? I want to believe that the & amp; amp; rsquo; s still not the time for me to go into politics, for the Almighty has not said yes to. But I don't see nothing goes wrong in politics because as a politician you have to be a guy to your people, it is a service to humanity. But I’m still not a divine call to go into politics to get. If I were the divine call, I will not hesitate to go into politics

You are well educated and very articulate, but you rarely feature in the English language films?


In the first place, I am a supporter of culture. I share the idea that if some of us believe because we went to school and we imbibe foreign culture, there is every possibility that we will go down and bury our. I love our culture a highly, and that is why I love to promote it. It does not mean that I will not perform like in and produce an English language film, but I will still prefer to do more of Yoruba

Any plans to produce English language film fast

I work on at the moment; it will come very soon. . It is going to be like 70 percent English, 30 percent Yoruba

Recently, the media was awash with the news that you were planning to get married again soon how true is that

However, marriage is a thing of joy, If I want to get married, I & amp; amp; rsquo; t stab them but believe me, I’m not getting married soon. I have no plans for now married. I don & amp; amp; rsquo; t even have a wife-to-be for now. But when I finally see a lady that I am comfortable with, I will definitely marry her


Tell us how to start acting your
throwback images of Femi Adebayo
I started as far back as 1987, I was quite young. I was a child actor in one of my dad & amp; amp; rsquo; s films. But I was actually on my own in 1996, it was when I had the chance to perform in Tade Ogidan & amp; amp; rsquo; s blockbuster movie, Owo Blow. . The film has me a few awards

Was your decision influenced by father?

Yes, it was actually what inspired me . I’ve seen my father was an actor and I wanted to do what he does

Contrary to the belief that there is no money in the film industry, you look very comfortable, how can you make money/

Any work you do what pays your account I think it worth it. Acting pay my bill and I am very comfortable with this. Although I still work my law, I do owned. I still buy and sell property for people. Most of my clients abroad is established. Asides that I must categorically state that Yoruba movies are not bad, but it could be better

You have a film school, tells us more.

I’ve seen a lot of people who have talents, so I decided to drive a school to help bring these talents in them.

The School is named J-15 School for Performing Arts, and is located in Ibadan & amp; amp; nbsp; We have graduates of Teater Kuns of Nigerian Universities and teachers …, For the glory of God the school do well, we will be seven years this year and we have graduated more than 150 students who are doing well in the industry

Do you regret parting ways with the mother of the three children?


I believe in fate, and I take things as they come. Marriage is a contract between two parties in a contract that you can someone a breach of contract. I believe this is how marriage is destined to end and I’m cool with it

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :