One of the youngest and brightest acts in Nollywood at the moment is Ufedo Sunshine, who is not only endowed intellectually, but physically as well. Born Ufedo B. Itodo Osuala in Jos, from a Christian background, she is a fast-rising Nollywood actress and entrepreneur.
Sunshine, who also doubles as the owner of Bemztouch, a fashion house in Lekki, describes acting as a passion which she began at the age of 10. On how acting began for her, selling points and challenges, she has this to say, “I started acting professionally when I was at the university in Ghana.
A friend of mine told me about this movie coming up then, he took me to the audition venue and I was auditioned and given the role. It was challenging being my first job then, and I was nervous. My delivery and performance when acting are my selling points. I’m generally in my zone whenever I’m in front of the camera, though it didn’t end there. My back view and lips are my strongest selling points physically.
My first movie made me realise that. My colleagues were like ‘you are endowed’. The actress cum fashion house owner revealed that she has been sexually harassed severally by producers and directors. She also expressed her disappointment over the fake lifestyle of most of her colleagues. She said, “Oh yes! Not once not twice. Some boldly said to me, ‘if you don’t give in, then forget the role’. I have lost a couple of acting jobs due to my refusal. But
I’m glad I did not give in. When you have God, you have everything, that’s me. I feel sorry for the desperate girls falling like chickens. They are the ones giving the industry a terrible name. Some of them will be showing off what they can’t really afford, while they are struggling to pay their bills.
“The fake lifestyle some actors live is appalling. Get closer to them and you would be disappointed. Today you would read so and so actress just bought a house, tomorrow you would hear so and so actor has done this and that. Meanwhile most of them are struggling to meet up with the fake life. It’s too much stress you know.” She however said if there is anyone in the industry she can date, then it must be Joseph Benjamin or Ramsey Noah.