Monday, 25 April 2016

Adeboye

Woman Bathes Stepson With Hot Water


A 19-year-old man, Anthony Anoke, at Amenu Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, is now battling for survival at the Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (FETHA 2), Ebonyi State, after he was bathed with hot water by his stepmother, Mrs. Uzoamaka Anoke.

In retaliation, Anthony and his siblings reportedly attacked Uzoamaka’s son, Ifeanyi Anoke (29), with machete and axe. Ifeanyi is also battling for his life at the FETHA 2. While Anthony is at the plastic surgery ward of the hospital, Ifeanyi is at the emergency unit.

Also, property worth thousands of naira belonging to the two sides were destroyed during the clash. Trouble started shortly after Anthony’s side and that of Ifeanyi had quarrelled over missing cell phone belonging to Anthony’s sister, Ebere. Anthony and members of his siblings had accused Ifeanyi of stealing the phone which the man denied, leading to misunderstanding between the two sides.

Speaking on his hospital bed, Anthony said “my sister’s phone, Techno N6, was stolen and we suspected my stepbrother, Ifeanyi, to be the one who stole it. We approached my father and reported the matter to him. My father asked us to remain calm and allow him to approach Ifeanyi and ask him to bring out the phone if he was in possession of it.

“Ifeanyi, knowing that we were looking for the phone, ran away from our house and did not come back for three days. He met his mother where she went to take care of her daughter who delivered a baby and reported the matter to his mother. “My father called him on the phone and asked him about the missing phone but he said he was not in possession of it.

“He was the one who stole the phone and that was why he ran away from our house to her mother for three days. So, Ifeanyi and his mother came back together. “My dad went to him and asked him to return the phone but Ifeanyi sworn that he was not the one who stole the phone.

He said he was ready to go to anywhere he was asked to go in search of the missing phone. Up till today, the phone is still missing. The phone was kept inside my locker and he saw me when I dropped it there. I did not suspect that he will steal the phone…

“On Sunday April 10, I was preparing for church I did not know that the woman had already boiled water. I saw her and Ifeanyi were discussing. She later poured the hot water inside a bucket but I was inside my room. “She locked her room and carried the hot water towards my side and I thought that she was going to the bathroom.

When she approached where I was, she knocked at Ifeanyi’s door because he was already inside his room. The woman knocked so that I will not notice her plan. She told Ifeanyi please give me key to the toilet. I was looking at the door and the two of them.

So Ifeanyi gave her sign that she should go to me immediately and she rushed and poured the hot water on me.” Also speaking on his hospital bed, Ifeanyi said “I visited my mother where she was taken care of my sister who was delivered of a baby when my father called me and asked me where I kept the phone of Ebere which I stole and I told him I did not steal any phone because I have not been around for four days. I went for burial ceremony and from there I met my mum. “I did not steal any phone.

I told my mum about this allegation and she said we would go home and iron it out. The truth of the matter is that we have been having serious problems in the family and my father always takes side. I have tried my best as the first son in the family to bring peace into the family.

“I forced my mother, because she is the first wife, to eat the food cooked by my stepmother while my stepmother ate her own as part of efforts to bring lasting peace but to no avail. “As the first son, I have been assisting my stepbrothers. I always allow them to use my things like shirts, clothes and others but they don’t appreciate all these things.

So, how can I steal their phone when I should buy for the girl who said I stole her phone?” Following the incident, police arrested Ifeanyi’s mother, her sonin- law and one of her daughters. They were, however, released latter. When contacted, the head of the family, Chief Okechukwu Anoke, refused to comment on the matter.

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :