Sunday, 22 May 2016

Adeboye

I Steal, Sell Motorcycles For ‎N15,000, 52-Year-Old Suspect


‎A 52-year-old trained electrician, Adebowale Samuel, has confessed to the Oyo State Police how he was engaging in stealing motorcycles where parked and selling them off at a paltry N15,000 in order make a living.

The father of four, who said he had lost his wife and left with four children residing in Lagos, was among the 12 suspects paraded on Friday by the Police Commissioner Mr Leye Oyebade at the Eleyele Police Headquarters, Ibadan.
‎He told ‘New Telegraph’ that he had been stealing unsuspecting people’s motorcycles and selling them off in order to get money to cater for his children, adding that he had been sent out by his landlord at Iwo Road area he was residing before his apprehension.
He was arrested last week when a Bajaj brand of motorcycle he stole and sold to a mechanic, Sunday, was found by the Police.
‎Confessing, Adebowale said: ” I saw the Bajaj motorcycle where it was parked. I observed that it was not locked, and so I stole it. I gave it to this mechanic at the cost of N15,000 just to have something to live on. He said he would get a buyer for it. I know the cost of the motorcycle goes for about N100,000 but I had to sell it so cheap so as to quickly dispose it off and get money.
“I am an electrician, but because market is not going well and I needed money, I decided to be stealing motorcycles.‎ I need to secure an apartment and pay for it. In fact, I have a pending case of stealing of motorcycle in a court. I am on bail presently, but there is just no way for me to survive, reason I still stole this motorcycle that led to my arrest again,” the suspect recounted.

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :