Thursday 10 September 2015

Adeboye

Prince Ali sets to run again for FIFA presidency


Prince Ali of Jordan has announced he will run again for the FIFA presidency next year. And he has thrown down the gauntlet to his rivals including Michel Platini by claiming they ‘didn’t have the guts’ to challenge Sepp Blatter. The prince, who lost May’s election to Blatter by 130 votes to 73, made the announcement in a speech made in his native country.

He will face opposition from UEFA president Platini and Korea’s Chung Mongjoon in the election on February 26. Former Brazil star Zico has also declared his intention to run, former Nigeria star, Segun Odegbami has also throw his lot into the ring.
Platini supported the Jordanian prince in the last election, but is now clear favourite to succeed Blatter. Prince Ali, son of the late King Hussein of Jordan, says the former French midfielder represents ‘old FIFA’.

His speech also made pointed remarks that others had been afraid to challenge Blatter, who is stepping down after 17 controversial years at the helm. He said: “Ten months ago, I was the only person who dared to challenge Mr. Blatter for the presidency of FIFA.

“I ran because I believe that FIFA needs change. And I had the courage to fight for change when others were afraid. “I conceded that election, not because I was not the best candidate, but because others were using me to make room for themselves. They didn’t have the guts to run, but I did.”

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :