Suspected cult members have murdered a native doctor, Chief Onupka Nwite, in his shrine at Ndulo Ukwuagba Ngbo in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State. After killing Nwite about 8p.m. last Friday in front of his shrine while resting, the suspects ran away from the area.
The victim was said to be preparing charms for cult members in the area which protect them from being killed by rival cult group(s) during clashes. The son of the deceased, Nwabueze Onukpa, listed the names of those he claimed killed his father.
Onukpa reported the matter at Ohaukwu Police Division and at the Development Centre Coordinator. He also appealed to security agents to bring the culprits to book. Nwite’s kindred in Ukwuagba mobilised youths who burnt the houses of some persons suspected to be involved in the killing of the native doctor.
When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP George Okafor, said he was outside the state. He said: “I am not with my record because I am travelling. I will be back tomorrow.”