Thursday, 19 May 2016

Adeboye

I Once Jumped Bail, Says Suspected Robber


A 38-year-old suspected robber has told police in Oyo State that he purchased a N1.2 million stolen Nissan Primera car for N850 million. The suspect, Gbenga Adebowale, also said that he was arrested in 2011 for conspiracy, stealing, armed robbery and arraigned in court, but was later granted bail.

He, however, said he jumped bail and went into hiding. Adebowale, who was paraded by the Police Commissioner, Mr. Leye Oyebade, at the Eleyele Police Headquarters, Ibadan, yesterday, said the seller of a Primera car marked FKJ 76 EC told him it was stolen, but because he wanted to buy it and resell at higher price, he had to sell his four-bedroom flat in Osogbo for N1.3 million and bought the car. The suspect was r re-arrested in Osogbo last week by policemen attached to Oyo State Command.

“The suspect had been moving from one location to the other in order to evade arrest. He was apprehended at a hideout in Osogbo, Osun State capital. He confessed he had been involved in a series of robbery operations in Osun State and neighbouring states. He had received stolen vehicles and disposed them off at giveaway prices,” the police chief said. Recalling his experience, Adebowale told our correspondent that he was arrested in 2011 in Osogbo for stealing a car.

He said: “I was taken to court and later remanded in prison. I was later granted bail, but one day, I jumped the bail. I was living in Osogbo. Someone wanted to sell a Nissan Primera car which was worth N1.2 million to me.

He told me the car was stolen. Because I wanted to buy and resell it, I offered him N850,000. “I did not have the money, so I had to sell my four-bedroom flat in Osogbo for N1.3 million. From the amount, I bought the car. I was later arrested by the police. That is what brought me into the police net again.”

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :