Thursday, 19 May 2016

Adeboye

Rescued Chibok schoolgirl:Six of my mates dead


Six of the 219 Chibok schoolgirls abducted on April 14, 2014 are dead. The remaining abducted girls have been married off to Boko Haram commanders in the dreaded Sambisa forest. The Chibok girls are held under heavy terrorist captivity in Sambisa forest, believed to be Boko Haram’s stronghold. One of the Chibok girls, Amina Ali Darsha Nkeki, disclosed this to military and local sources yesterday after she was rescued on Tuesday.

“She was saying… all the Chibok girls are still there in the Sambisa, except six of them that have already died,” Hosea Abana Tsambido, the chairman of the Chibok community in Abuja, told the BBC. Amina was found alongside her supposed husband, Mohammed Hayatu, breastfeeding a four-month-old baby girl, Safiya, by local vigilante group, Civilian Joint Task Force in Kulakaisa village at the fringes of Sambisa forest.

She is the first of the 219 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram to be freed after the two years in captivity.Six of the 219 Chibok schoolgirls abducted on April 14, 2014 are dead. The remaining abducted girls have been married off to Boko Haram commanders in the dreaded Sambisa forest.

The Chibok girls are held under heavy terrorist captivity in Sambisa forest, believed to be Boko Haram’s stronghold. One of the Chibok girls, Amina Ali Darsha Nkeki, disclosed this to military and local sources yesterday after she was rescued on Tuesday.

“She was saying… all the Chibok girls are still there in the Sambisa, except six of them that have already died,” Hosea Abana Tsambido, the chairman of the Chibok community in Abuja, told the BBC. Amina was found alongside her supposed husband, Mohammed Hayatu, breastfeeding a four-month-old baby girl, Safiya, by local vigilante group, Civilian Joint Task Force in Kulakaisa village at the fringes of Sambisa forest. She is the first of the 219 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram to be freed after the two years in captivity.see each other again.’

“Afterwards, we had to make them understand that the girl would not be left in their care. She must be handed over to the authority.” According to Gaji, Amina’s husband said he had been kidnapped by Boko Haram from the town of Mubi, taken to Sambisa Forest and married to her.

The Army confirmed the rescue of the Chibok girl. According to the Army, the girl was rescued alongside Hayatu, a Boko Haram suspect, who claimed to be her husband. The Nigerian Army said that the purported husband of the rescued schoolgirl is a Boko Haram terrorist and has been arrested by the military.

“Further to that, in continuation of Operation CRACKDOWN, troops of 25 Brigade Damboa, in conjunction with Civilian JTF deployed in one of the blocking positions at Baale, near Damboa, rescued one Miss Amina Ali and a suspected Boko Haram terrorist, Mohammed Hayatu, who claimed to be her husband.

“Both were brought to Headquarters 25 Task Force Brigade Damboa at about 2.30p.m. today. Preliminary investigation shows that she is indeed one of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram terrorists on 14th April 2014 in Chibok and her name is Amina Ali as against Falmata Mbalala that was earlier stated.

“In addition, she is a nursing mother with a four-month-old baby girl who was named Safiya. Both the suspected Boko Haram terrorist and the nursing mother have been taken to Maiduguri for further medical attention and screening,” a statement by Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, Acting Director Army Public Relations said.

Last month, a video showing 15 of the kidnapped schoolgirls dressed in black hijabs was released and shown to some of the girls’ parents. Speaking on a Cable News Network (CNN) programme, President Muhammadu Buhari said such videos only raise hope of the parents emotionally.

“I haven’t seen that video. But even if I see it, I will be very careful about showing it to the family. There is no point to deliberately raise the hope of the families if you can’t meet them. I saw the families as a group twice. One, they came to visit my wife.

Two, they came as a group to see me. And the less I see them, the better for my own emotional balance,” the president told his interviewer. Confirming the report, the #BringBackOurGirls spokesperson, Sesugh Akume, said in a statement that the released Nkeki was able to identify her vice principal at Government Secondary School, Chibok and she also spoke with her mother.

The statement reads: “One of our abducted Chibok girls, Amina Ali Darsha Nkeki from Mbalala has been found in Kulakaisa area at the fringes of Sambisa Forest by vigilantes from Chibok on patrol Tuesday night. “Her name is #127 on our list of 219 missing Chibok girls attached. “She provided useful information that her other classmates are still held under heavy terrorist captivity in the Sambisa forest area.”

Boko Haram militants had, on April 14, 2014, kidnapped 276 teenage girls from their dormitory in Chibok. At least 57 girls were able to escape soon after their abduction. The abduction sparked outrage worldwide and brought global attention to the Boko Haram insurgency, which has killed at least 20,000 people and made more than 2.6 million homeless since 2009. But the insurgents have been pushed out by a military fight-back in the last 15 months.

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :