The Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has stated that the possibility for it to sanction the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) for its refusal to submit six months report against the provisions of the act was high.
The Commission’s Acting Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Anthony Akah, who stated this while addressing the media, said that the TCN’s refusal to submit its report as stipulated by the provisions of the act, would not go unpunished
Represented by the Commission’s Head, Engineering, Standards and Safety, Abdul-bello Mohammed, the CEO said: “Particularly on TCN, I am so disturbed, because I believe they are the hub of the power industry.
They are the centre, if they don’t behave well every other part of the
sector suffers. Their performance is critical to us.
“Why they refused to submit six months report against the provisions of the act, against the provisions of the regulations of the commission; that is why I say we will write them a letter, a query on that
particular lack of compliance. They missed the first half of the year, although they submitted 2 days ago which is unacceptable to us”.