Wednesday 25 March 2015

Adeboye

Man Murdered Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos

Tragedy struck in the Ikotun area of Lagos recently as a 42-year old man, Alli Mustapha killed one of his customers, Idowu Maliki, after the latter refused to pay for a stick of cigarette he had bought.

The Punch learnt that Mustapha had a shop at Imope Compound in Ikotun, where he sold petty goods to people in the community.
After the late Maliki had refused to pay for the cigarette he returned to the shop some minutes later. An argument ensued between him and the suspect. In the ensuing scuffle, Mustapha hit him on head with a long stick and he slumped to the ground.
Efforts to revive him failed and he was later confirmed dead at the Igando General Hospital.
The police have already arrested Mustapha. In his statement to the police, Mustapaha admitted to committing the crime, adding that the deceased had first hit him.
He wrote, “I don’t know the man’s name, but he comes to my place to buy things. On the fateful day, he came to buy a stick of cigarette. He did not pay for it.
“He returned few minutes later and wanted to enter my shop. I refused to allow him. But as I tried to stop him, he took a stool and hit me with it.
“Then he started looking around for other things to hit me and that was when I quickly grabbed a long stick which I usually kept in my shop to protect myself, and hit his head with it.”
It was learnt that the victim was first rushed to a private hospital, but was rejected before being taken to the Igando General Hospital. His body has been taken to a morgue in Isolo.
The police arraigned Mustapha on one count of murder before an Ebute Meta Magistrate’s Court. The offence is punishable under Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos state, Nigeria, 2011.
He was remanded in custody pending the Directorate of Public Prosecutions’s legal advice, while the judge handling the case adjourned it till May 25, 2015.
Meanwhile, policemen attached to the Special Anti-robbery Squad, Lagos state police command are investigating five men suspected of being deadly cult leaders in Lagos state.

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :