Saturday 20 June 2015

Adeboye

Sean Tizzle: I’m single and searching

Sean Tizzle: I’m single and searching


Morihanfen Oluwaseun Oluwabamidele known by the showbiz moniker, Sean Tizzle, rose to fame with two singles titled “Boogie Down” and “Sho Lee” produced by famous music producer, D’tunes in 2013. In this interview, he spoke to our correspondent about his career and why he’s yet to be romantically tied to anyone.

Tell us something about your new song titled, Abeg.
It’s just a good song; it’s a love song that teaches lovers never to be too proud to say the word ‘sorry’. It’s a song for those in love.
After this song, what more should we expect from you?
Yes, after this song, I’ll drop a couple more singles. There’s a lot more projects in the works too. I’m looking forward to recording a song with an international artiste or probably I’ve even recorded it (laughs).
Are there chances that you drop another album this year?
No, not at all, I’ll just keep dropping singles for now. The album will drop at some point next year.
Last month, your label signed five new artistes, how do you feel about that?
It’s a good thing, we are growing, it shows growth. It shows the blueprint we have is a good one, but at the same time I’m Sean Tizzle and nobody can take that away from me and I’m grateful to God that we can actually put these new artistes on board.
Are you absolutely happy with the new signings?
Yes, there’s certainly no beef at all. I knew about the whole process, it’s about the music; it’s about the label not falling or nose-diving.
Why did you launch the Tizzle-Nation campaign?
The Tizzle-Nation has been a movement from day one. At the end of the day, what I have with Difference Entertainment is a contract, some people sign for three to five years and after that, if you want to move on, you move on and if you want to stay, you stay. So, I think the same people should wait for me to decide if I want to move on, stay with the label or whatever the situation is, but whatever it is I hope it’s for good.
If you eventually leave Difference Entertainment, will you keep working with D’Tunes?
Yes, that’s my brother, I’ve been working with D’tunes before Difference Entertainment and we’ll still keep working even when I leave. But that doesn’t imply I nurse an ambition to quit.
When is the Tizzle-Nation record label starting up?
Why do you keep calling it a record label? What if I say it’s a movement and the movement has been alive for a long time even though I chose not to talk about it? It’s a contract, they didn’t drop me. If I don’t want to do it again, it won’t be because anything happened or they dropped me. And if truly somebody dropped somebody, it’s only a matter of time, we’ll know who dropped who.
So, it means you were never really signed as an ambassador?
I was signed as an ambassador for a year, that’s what we signed and when the contract elapsed, I chose not to resign.
Why did you choose not to resign?
It was huge being an ambassador, but I just felt like I don’t want to resign, I want to go to a higher place, not because I am Ashawo (prostitute), but it’s what I feel like. At the end of the day, it’s business and I’m a brand. I believe there are 1,001 companies looking for Sean Tizzle.
Let’s talk about your new love for tattoos…
It’s not a new found love. If you look at my neck, you’ll see two different tattoos “Determination” and “Success”. I’ve had them for a long time even before I dropped my first song. You can see it looks local. I’ve only just added more and they all have positive meanings. There’s a Tattoo of an “Angel” on my shoulder there’s the “Wings” tattoo on my chest.
How much did it cost you to get the new ones?
(Chuckles) Haba, that’s not a problem.
What has fame changed about you?
Fame hasn’t changed anything about me. I’ll say it’s helped me to get a lot of connections and these connections do make things easier for me when I want to do stuffs. For instance, I’m from Ondo State and I’m working on a little project there that’ll be known later but it’s these connections that I get to ride on. These are the kind of things I can do with my fame. My parents are proud of me, and it feels good whenever I go home and the whole neighbourhood comes to the house to see me. I still try as much as possible to be myself, so really nothing has changed.
Are you in a relationship?
Right now, I’m single and in search of the right person. When I find her and the time is right, I’ll let everyone know because I’ll flood my social media pages with her photos to let everyone know how precious she is.

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :