Saturday 8 August 2015

Adeboye

Lucas Biglia open to Man Utd move


The Argentina international has been made Biancocelesti skipper for the 2015-16 season but he says that his future at the Stadio Olimpico does not depend on him

Lucas Biglia has admitted that he does not know if he will stay at Lazio - even though he has just been made club captain.
The Argentina international joined the Biancocelesti from Anderlecht in 2013 and quickly established himself as a key man at the Stadio Olimpico, playing a key role in last season's surprise third-placed finish in Serie A.

Following Stefano Mauri's departure during the summer, Biglia has now been given the captain's armband for the 2015-16 campaign and will lead Lazio out in Saturday's Supercoppa Italiana showdown with Juventus.

However, Biglia, who has previously been linked with Manchester United, says that his new role does not necessarily mean that he will remain in Rome.

"Will I definitely stay now that I have the armband? I don't know," the midfielder told reporters on Friday.

"The truth is that it doesn't depend on me. For now, though, I'm thinking only of the game tomorrow.

"But the captaincy represents a reward for me and I'm proud of it.

"I will now have more responsibility on the field but I will not change my style of play!"

Biglia is now hoping that his tough tackling can help Lazio upset Italian champions Juventus, who defeated Stefano Pioli's men in the Coppa Italia final in May.

"This trophy is very important for us and it represents a kind of revenge for last season," he added.

"We wanted to win the Coppa Italia but we faced one of the strongest teams in Europe."

Previous
Next Post
Adeboye

About Adeboye -

I am a trained journalist, reporter, social media expert, and blogger in Nigeria

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :